So – go have some fun with summer, and try these little cuties – with or without alcohol they are sure to give everyone a smile – and the bonus? They won’t last long enough to worry about them going bad…
- 10 limes, pulp removed
- 1 small box red Jello (I used cherry – does watermelon jello exist?)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold vodka (or if you are going non-alcoholic, just plain water)
- Mini chocolate chips (optional)
Cut the limes in half, then squeeze out the juice (which will make getting the rest of the pulp out easier). I then used my fingers to scrape out the rest of the pulp. This is not an easy task, and will take time, but the cleaner your limes are, the better they will look. I was actually able to get all the lime pulp out, like I was peeling an organge.
Take a mini-muffin tin, and place a couple of damp paper towels over the wholes, with slack. This will give the limes a way to sit in the tins without rolling around. Set lime halves empty side up on top of the towels, one in each muffin mold.
Add 1 cup of boiling water to the Jello powder, and stir for 2 minutes until fully dissolved. Stir in cup of cold vodka (or water, if non-alcoholic). Pour mixture into lime halves, filling all the way to the top.
Chill the jello-limes in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
One at a time, turn the jello-limes over on a cutting board, and using a sharp knife, carefully cut each lime half in half again, making wedges.
Polish Cabbage & Noodles
“Cabbage and Noodles, a perfect last minute meatless meal!!” Recipe makes 5 – 6 servings
Large Glass Baking Dish or Pan, (glass works better)
1 medium head shredded cabbage
1/2 onion, cut into strips
1/2 cup butter
1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
- – Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water.
- – Cook Cabbage in a large pot till soft.
- – Drain pasta, Add cabbage and onion mixture to the noodles, in a large backing pan (glass if possible) and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- – Bake in oven on 350 for about an hour, or till mixture is soft. and top is browned.
Rays Special Tuna and Noodle Casserole
* 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
* 1/2 cup milk (may need more depending on how dry your home is, or the ingredients are< but you can add more during baking)
* 1/4 cup of water (Now here is the Rub, IF you want it to be more creamer, then aff the extra milk, if you want it to be just right, then add the water. if you want it as dry as a bone, don’t add it)
* 1 – 1-1/2 cup Celery (optional)
* 1 small can – Mushrooms (or 2/3 cup of fresh mushrooms) your choice
* 1/16-1/8 Cup finely diced Onion. (use a Vidalia Onion, or Spanish, Vidalia Preferred)
* 1 cup Birds Eye® Sweet Garden Peas
* 2 cans (about 5 ounces each) tuna, drained OR 1 large can (you get a little more in it)
* 1/4 of a 12-ounce package medium egg noodles (about 2 cups), cooked and drained ( I used the whole bag, then depending on the side of the Pyrex Casserole dish, then add or use the other noodles elsewhere.)
* 2 tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs (very optional, if you want a small crunch to the meal, or you can also add crushed potato chips, works well the same)
* 1 tablespoon butter, melted (A MUST, Use REAL butter, or the whole thing will taste like a jar of Baby Gerbers food)
* Dash of Sea Salt
* Semi Ground Black Pepper (not the fine stuff, the size you can see)
* Dash of Paprika, to give it a little boost of flavor, and Color.
Bake this in the oven, (NOT a toaster oven) at 375 for about 40 minutes. With a lid to cover it (This is a MUST) for at least the first 30 minutes. then you can remove the lid to brown the top (if you wish it that way, or if you used the crushed potato chips.)
Best served on a slice of bread. This meal will not last, even if you make it for yourself. you will eat it till its gone. So make sure you Make enough for the entire family. can be stored in the fridge afterwards for days. Oh 1 small note… Make Sure you keep your CATS AWAY from the kitchen, its like an aphrodisiac to them, and your meal if left alone for more than 20 seconds will be eaten by those scavengers. might want to feed them a can of tuna while your doing this, so they will not go wacko.